Pool & Hot Tub Water Chemistry
Tips for Getting Maximum Benefit from Your Dazzle™ Sanitizing Program:
- - Maintain 1.0–3.0 ppm of chlorine or bromine.
- - For your sanitizer to be most effective, your pH needs to be properly balanced!
- - Bring a water sample to the store for expert analysis and recommendations.
Timing is Everything:
- - Make sure you have adequate sanitizer levels on the weekends when people are most likely to be swimming!
Hot Tips on Water Temperature:
- - For every 6°C rise in pool water temperature, you require 50% more sanitizer by weight.
- - For example: As your pool water temperature goes from 10°C in the spring to 28°C mid-summer, you will likely need to add 4-6 sticks, instead of 2 chlorine sticks.
- - Increase the number of sticks you place in your skimmer basket or chlorinator or turn up the dial on your automatic chlorinator.
The Secret to Getting Consistent Chlorine or Bromine Readings:
- - When applying chlorine sticks through the skimmer, apply fewer sticks, more often.
- - For example, adding 2 sticks twice a week is more effective than adding 4 sticks all at once.
- - More consistent release of chlorine into the pool. Less wasteful.
- - Use a visual reminder – replace chlorine when it is gone (this usually represents 2 additions per week).
Some Final Tips:
- - Test your chlorine level often!
- - Dazzle™ Amaze is a non-chlorine based shock treatment – it will not increase the chlorine residual in the pool water. If required re-establish the chlorine residual with Dazzle™ Ultra Shock, Amaze Plus, Energy or Lithium Pro Shock.
- -Try to keep the application of chlorine-based shock treatments to a minimum to avoid a build-up of undesirable chlorinated by-products and liner fading.
- - When the sanitizer residual is continuously kept at an acceptable level, Dazzle™ Amaze and UltraCleanse will do a great job of keeping the water healthy and clear?without having to add unnecessary levels of chemicals.