Super Bowl – Snack Time on the Bbq!
Super Bowl 2012 between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants is this Sunday afternoon. Are you hoping for Tom Brady or Eli Manning for the win? Every good Super Bowl game needs the perfect snacks. Check out these bbq grilled potato skins for an easy and delicious recipe to serve your football fans. They are sure to score big on game day.
Grilled Potato Skins
2 large baking potatoes
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 green onions,
1. Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/2 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8-10 min or until tender.
2. Combine the melted butter, rosemary, salt and pepper and brush over both sides of the potato skins.
3. Grill potatoes on bbq, skin side up, over direct medium heat for 2-3 min or until lightly browned.
4. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat, grill 2 min longer.
5. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 min longer or until cheese is melted.
6. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions. Serve with sour cream.
(adapted from allrecipes.com).