POOL CONSTRUCTION APPLICATION
Seeking beginner to experienced applicants with a range of construction and landscape skill and ability.
- Work in teams in a variety of disciplines.
- Experience all aspects of concrete swimming pool construction.
- Carpentry; use of hand, power, and pneumatic tools.
- Steel bending; cutting, and tying.
- Concrete work; shotcrete nozzleman, shaping, finishing.
- Plumbing; underground and mechanical pool system plumbing.
- Labour; including trenching, gravel spreading, form stripping, site clean-up.
- Travel to different job sites, vehicles provided.
- On-the-Job Training provided: grow & learn.
- Team environment.
- Lots of hours available, overtime paid after 44 hours/week.
- Be part of an established, reputable family business with many long-time employees.
- Different sites, unique challenges, variety of scenery.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Company events and activities to maintain team spirit.
- Strong work ethic with an eagerness to learn.
- Willing to embrace continual improvement and skill development.
- Strength and good general health.
- Enjoy the outdoors and willing to work in all types of weather.
- Work well with others, in crew and team settings.
- Ability to work with equipment, tools, pipes etc., or interest to learn.
- Industry experience is an asset but not essential.
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Able to self-manage and motivate on job sites.
- Comfortable driving vehicles in the city.
Skills that are an asset:
- Mechanically inclined
- Results oriented
- Communicate effectively
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Critical thinker
- Customer service oriented
- Asks questions
- Likes to learn
- G or G2 Driver’s license an asset.
- Available Monday – Friday for full shift (6:45am – 5pm), Saturdays optional.
- Able to work long hours in the busy seasons as required.
- Have transportation to the shop each morning by 6:45am.
- Must work safely and follow safety guidelines and rules.