You can turn your dream of being able to vacation without leaving home into a reality. Whatever you need, whether it’s a beautifully landscaped natural pool, a classically-designed outdoor swimming pool or a bespoke indoor swimming paradise, a reputable pool builder can work with you to make it all happen.
The right pool will provide a place where you can have meaningful interactions with your family, as well as offering all the health benefits of swimming. Here are some important tips as you consider building your dream pool.
Choosing a Pool Builder
The first step to making your dream of a swimming pool come true is to choose the right pool builder. A reputable pool builder will meet the following criteria:
- They have a showroom where you can see some of their products and meet some of their employees
- They have strong ties in the community
- They will not hesitate to tell you how many years they’ve been in business under the same name
- They will give you a list of names of people they’ve completed pools for that you can call
- They will not hesitate to share their credit history with you. Avoid companies with a bad payment history
- They will have workman’s comp and liability insurance
- They will never quote you a price without a yard survey and a detailed design for your yard
Whichever pool builder you choose, be sure that everything you decide on is included in the contract. While digging your pool, it’s possible for the builder to hit rock or water and you’ll want to know how hitting rock or encountering water will be dealt with and that it’s clearly spelled out in the contract, along with things like electrical work and landscaping, etc.
How to Choose Your Pool
There are a variety of methods used for constructing in ground swimming pools and a wide range of materials that can be used in their construction. You will need to determine the following:
- do you want a pool for exercise or recreation
- an indoor or outdoor pool
- concrete or vinyl liner
- shape of the pool
- finishing tiles or painted
- extras such as diving boards, swim jets or pool slides
Consult your pool builder to discuss your exact requirements so that you can find the best type of pool to fit your space and your budget. A reputable pool builder will work with you to figure out what’s most important to you, where you could make compromises, cover all the different methods of construction and materials and provide you with an ideal solution to fit your budget.