Tips for a great BBQ sauce
3 things you may not know about barbecue sauce
– There’s a flavour for everyone, but the five basic ingredients are tomato paste, sugar, onions, vinegar and chili peppers.
– It burns really easily. Apply your sauce when the meat is nearly done, or serve it on the side.
– Most store-bought barbecue sauce is full of artificial sugar. For a healthier version, make your own with either honey or cane sugar.
1 tip you can’t live without
– Keep your basting brush dry and fresh between weekend feasts by storing it in a cup of salt to draw out any moisture. Come Friday, just shake off the salt.
2 ways to try barbecue sauce right now
– In a veggie dish. Try grilling a piece of firm tofu, then topping with barbecue sauce and roasted onions and peppers for a nutritious sandwich switch.
– With a caffeine kick. Mixing freshly brewed espresso with your sauce adds bold flavour and tempers your choice of spices.
1 barbecue sauce to look for at BonaVista LeisureScapes
– Napoleon BBQ sauce. We love all the delicious flavours – Fire roasted garlic, peanut, steak or mango!